- 1. Terminology definitions
The terminology used in this agreement is defined as follows.
* "the Company" - Kayac Inc.
* "the Service" - Services offered through "wonderfl"
* "the Site" – the "wonderfl" website (http://wonderfl.net/)
* "the Users" – all individuals who visited the Service
* "Contributor" – an individual who contributed code after registering on the Service based on the terms set forth in Article 2
* "Contributed data" – Various types of data contributed by a Contributor to the Service or to a contribution (code, code titles, tags)
* Registration information – Information registered by a Contributor for the purpose of receiving the Service offerings
* "Personal information" - Information contained within registration information that can be identified with a specific individual (e-mail addresses, etc.)
- 2. Registration, etc.
1. Users who contribute to the Service shall submit a Contributor registration application by entering and transmitting the required information according to the Company’s specified procedure after agreeing to this Agreement.
2. The Company may decline said Contributor registration application in any of the cases listed hereinafter.
* If the applicant’s User privileges were temporarily suspended or cancelled in the past
* When new Contributor applications are restricted at the discretion of the Company
* Under other circumstances, when the Company deems the applicant inappropriate to register as a Contributor
- 3. Contributed data
1. The Contributor consents to the use of a system by the Service that may not always completely save all Contributor data. The Company assumes no liability whatsoever for unforeseen circumstances or for suspensions, etc., set forth in Article 10, that result in disappearance, alteration, destruction, or damage of Contributor data stored during the time period the Service was provided.
2. In the event the Contributor revises or duplicates Contributor data, the Contributor agrees to continue the previously noted indication of consent to use on the relevant Contributor data that existed prior to the revision. In the event of any problem whatsoever, the relevant Contributor agrees to resolve it under his own responsibility and at his own expense, and will not inconvenience the Company about it in any way whatsoever.
- 4. Self-responsibility
1. The Contributor agrees to take responsibility for his own judgment as to the authenticity of any information contained in the Service.
2. The Contributor agrees to accept full responsibility for all acts and their outcomes while using the Service, including contribution of comments. In the event of any problem whatsoever, the relevant Contributor agrees to resolve it under his own responsibility and at his own expense, and will not inconvenience the Company about it in any way whatsoever.
3. The Contributor agrees to provide suitable equipment, software, and communication means under his own responsibility and at his own expense in order to use the Service.
- 5. Copyright, etc.
1. The Contributor warrants that he holds the intellectual property rights including copyright for any contributed data. However, the scope of the use consent for copyrighted contributed data publicly disclosed on the Service shall be determined by the Contributor at his discretion.
2. The Contributor consents in advance to other Contributors revising or duplicating the contributed data via the Service, regardless of the scope of the use consent.
3. The Contributor grants to the Company rights to duplicate, publicly transmit, communicate by word-of-mouth, distribute, hand over, display, translate, adapt, modify, publish in print, lend, or exercise other copyright related rights pertaining to the data contributed via the Service and the generated binary [code], from the point in time in which it is posted or displayed on the Site, without compensation and on a non-exclusive basis. In addition, the Company may reauthorize the exercise of said rights to a third party specified by the Company.
4. The Contributor shall not exercise the copyright holder rights (public display rights・name display rights・rights of integrity) pertaining to the use of these rights by the Company and a party that received reauthorization based on the preceding item in this Agreement.
- 6. Use of the Service
1. The copyrights, patent rights, trademarks, design rights, and other intellectual property rights related to the Service’s information written on the equipment and the Site as necessary in the course of offering the Service are the property of the Company. Users are prohibited from acting in any way that violates these intellectual property rights.
2. Irrespective of a Contributor’s cancelling his membership, the contributed data contributed by that Contributor shall continue to be publicly available on the Service unless there is a special application to remove it.
- 7. Membership revocation by the Company
1. In the event a Contributor commits any of the acts listed hereinafter, or the Company determined that there is a concern that a Contributor might commit any of the acts listed hereinafter, the Company at its discretion may immediately revoke the relevant Contributor’s membership without prior announcement or notification, and without obtaining the Contributor’s consent, or may delete the relevant Contributor’s data.
* When the terms of the Agreement were violated
* When an individual registered as a Contributor by impersonating another
* When any of the prohibited acts listed in Article 8 were committed
* Under other circumstances that caused the Company to determine the individual is inappropriate as a User.
2. In the event the Company incurred damages due to any of the aforementioned circumstances, the Contributor shall compensate the Company for said damages.
3. The Company assumes no obligation to disclose to the Contributor the reason for revoking the Contributor’s membership.
- 8. Prohibited acts
Contributors are prohibited from the following acts or any act that may cause concern that any of the following acts might be committed, in the course of using the Service.
* Acts that violate the legitimate rights of the Company or third parties, such as ownership rights, all intellectual property rights including copyrights, portrait likeness rights, publicity rights, etc., or acts that raise a concern that such violations will occur
* Acts that cause disadvantage or damage to other Contributors, to the Company, or to third parties
* Acts that prejudice, slander, or defame the name or credit of other Contributors or third parties
* Acts counter to the public welfare or that the Company deems to be counter to the public welfare
* Acts that violate or that foment, entice, or solicit violations of laws and ordinances
* Acts of improper solicitation using the Service
* Acts intended to profit commercially in relation to the Service, regardless of the lack of Company approval
* Acts derogatory or defamatory to the Service’s credit
* Registering false information
* Acts of improper use of the registration information of Contributor registration applicants or of Contributors
* Acts of displaying content that a third party can identify with an individual
* Acts that interfere with the operation of the Service or that cause a concern of possible interference with the Service
* Acts that foster any act that becomes known as an act to which any of the aforementioned descriptions apply
* Any other acts that the Company deems inappropriate
- 9. Temporary suspension
1. The Company may temporarily suspend providing all or part of the Service under any of the circumstances described hereinafter, without prior notice to the Users.
* Periodic or emergency maintenance of facilities, etc., used by the Service.
* When the Service could no longer be provided due to fire, power outage, earthquake, volcanic eruption, flood, tsunami, or similar force majeure.
* When the Service could no longer be provided due to political circumstances such as war, riots, terror, civil disorder, and labor disputes.
* Under other circumstances that the Company deemed to require the temporary suspension of the Service.
2. The Company assumes no responsibility whatsoever for damages incurred by a Contributor or third parties caused by delay or interruption of all or part of the Service under any of the aforementioned circumstances or other circumstances.
- 10. Termination of the provided Service
The Company may terminate all or part of the Service after notifying Users in advance. Upon termination, the Company is exempt from liabilities that arise in the course of Service termination after giving notice.
- 11. Disclaimers
1. The company makes no guarantees or assumes no responsibility whatsoever for damages arising from or caused by the Service content, events that occurred through the use of information, legality or morality of the information itself, rights consents, or authenticity.
2. The Company assumes no responsibility whatsoever for issues (proposals of illegal acts or acts contrary to public welfare, defamation, insults, privacy violations, threats, slander, harassment, etc.) arising between Contributors using the Service, and if the Company receives notice of these, or a dispute arose, the Contributors will resolve it on their own responsibility and at their own expense.
3. In the event the Company or a third party incurred damages caused by acts of a User in the course of his use, the Company or the third party may make a claim for damages compensation against the relevant Contributor, and that Contributor is obligated to make compensation under his own responsibility and at his own expense.
4. The Company has no obligation whatsoever to make compensation for damages associated with delayed distribution, non-distribution, incorrect display on the Site, or any other problem caused by malfunctions of the computer systems used to provide the Service. In addition, the Company may from time to time use other means determined separately, to report to Users regarding information about the relevant environment, etc.
5. The Company has no obligation whatsoever to compensate for damages to computers, circuits, software, or other property arising from infections of computer viruses downloaded from the Websites of any third parties, including the Service, partner media, and advertisers.
6. From time to time the Company may modify the Service content, name, specifications, etc., without prior notice to Users. The Company assumes no responsibility whatsoever for events arising in connection with these modifications.
7. The Company has no obligation to monitor the Service, but in the event the Company deemed any of the prohibited acts described in Article 8 applies to information contributed by a Contributor, and the Contributor has acted or displayed information in violation of or there is a concern there may be a violation of this Agreement, the Company may delete the relevant comments without obtaining the consent of the relevant User or explanation of the reason to the relevant User, or may restrict the use of the Service by the relevant User. The relevant User may not file a petition of objection or make a claim for damages compensation in relation to these actions by the Company.
2. In the event the Company conducts surveys on the Service and in response the Contributor provides personal information, including e-mail addresses, etc., the personal information will be used for a purpose only after that purpose is clearly defined in advance.
3. The Company will not disclose personal information registered by a Contributor to third parties except in cases required by law.
- 13 Revisions to the Agreement
1. The Company may revise this Agreement from time to time, and its new provisions shall be effective from the point in time when the revised Agreement is displayed on the Site.
3. The User may not object to the revised content on the basis he did not know or did not consent to it.
- 14 Court of competent jurisdiction and applicable law
1. Litigation of disputes arising between the Company and a User in relation to use of the Service will be heard in the court of first instance of exclusive agreement in the jurisdiction in which the Company is located.
2. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of Japan.
Stipulated July 8, 2009
wonderfl (the "Service") will provide the utmost care in safeguarding personal information submitted by our users. By using the Service you agree to be bound by this policy. The Service will protect your personal information in accordance with the following policies:
- The Service may use your contact information to send information on campaigns, events and other types of information.
- The Service may use your contact information to send information about our services and to provide user support.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
The Service does not share personal information that may identify you as an individual to a third party without prior consent and will offer its services only to users that have opted in. However, the Service will release personal information in the following situations:
- To the authorities when necessary to comply with court orders, police requests, and other judicial entities.
- When the user has agreed to its disclosure.
- If the Service becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some of its assets, your personal information may be given to the new owner of the Service in order to continue its operation.
- To delivery agencies as necessary when shipping items and to cooperating companies and subcontractors (by using the Service you also agree to the privacy policies of all companies applicable in this case).
- Control of Personal Information
Collected personal information will be handled appropriately and with care.
The Service might give personal information to cooperative third parties to outsource part of the Service operation, such as delivery of items, with necessary and appropriate contract to protect personal information.
- Main Site ： http://wonderfl.net/
Copyrights for names and images posted on this site belong to the Service or their respective third parties.
Interpretation and application of terms and conditions of this site shall be governed by the laws of Japan unless specified otherwise. In addition, the Service shall choose the court to have exclusive jurisdiction on all disputes concerning this site unless specified otherwise.
wonderfl's users should follow the terms of Service, which is stipulated separately.